I'm really not doing a very good job of keeping up to date with this blogging thing. I thought I might try and use it more like an online journal of what is going on with the kids, but I just can't seem to get it together to make regular posts. Will try to be better!

So in the last several weeks, what have we done? We are really glad that the weather is turning to Spring. Chatty Catherine loves to be outside, riding her bike (OK, it's really a tricycle, but whatever), or blowing bubbles, decorating our very long driveway with chalk, or just running around the backyard. She's getting pretty good at kicking around a soccer ball... so we'll see if we join the ranks of the Herd Ball crew at the Liberty Hill City Park when she turns four. Sigh, it's beginning, isn't it?
I am just continually thankful for the blessing of Catherine's and Jack's school, The Good Earth Day School. These wonderful people are helping our children explore all kinds of things that don't occur to me or those things that I haven't been able to have time to share with them. I am reassured and confident that the time they spend away from Christian and me, while we earn our keep, is interesting, fun, safe, and full of wonder and caring. I wish all work-outside-the-home parents could be so blessed.
Catherine continues to amaze us with her ability to soak up so much of the world around us, even the more difficult, abstract and philosophical... Last week in church, Father Bruce was giving his usual 5-minute sermon to the kids before sending them off to Children's Chapel where they go during the sermon, Nicene Creed, Prayers of the People and Confession in our service. He was talking about Jesus' presence in our lives and how that can be hard to see and was giving examples thekids might understand of where we see Him. Catherine piped right up and added, "And in our hearts!" at the end of his list. Such a wonder!
Chatty loves her little brother, Jack Attack. She likes to read to him, share all her toys (well, she likes to have him share with her, too, of course), instruct him on proper bathtime play, a nd give him big hugs and kisses before bed every night. We've never experienced any toddler "acting out" aimed at Jack. If she's ever needy or having a "Thunderous Threes" moment she just directs it in on herself and throws her own kind of dramatic fit. It's hard to believe that she's on the back half of three years old and is going to be four in just a few short months.
We're struggling with bedtime. She finds every excuse in the book to get up, or sing, or play... Mommy isn't ready to concede that it may be time to push her bedtime (7:00) later. We have to be out of the house between 7:15 and 7:30 most mornings, so I am sticking to my guns that she needs to be in bed that early. But if she's not sleeping... Sigh... we'll see. A common soap box for me is that I feel so many child behavior problems stem from lack of sleep. More to come, I'm sure, on this drama as it continues to play in our house.

0 comments:
Post a Comment